Sunday, May 17, 2009

Salt Lake City



















We head into the city and our first stop is Temple Square--home of the Church of Latter Day Saints (or Mormons as most of us know them). Here we get to visit any of the buildings we choose, except the Temple which is not open to non-mormons. There are plenty of tour guides (young mormon women on their mission) to show us around and answer any questions we have. The first photo is the inside of the Tabernacle where the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings. The statue is Brigham Young. We went briefly into the Family History Center and I would have loved to spend days in there looking up genealogical information, but that was not meant to be on this trip.

Before heading back to the RV, we want to see the Great Salt Lake. It's not as close to downtown as you think, but worth the drive. We stop and walk out to the water so we can at least say we have been to the salt lake. Just as we are about to hit the water...it's getting muddier and before I know what has hit me, my feet fly up in the air and I am butt in the mud!













I was fine, but I am not too sure about my camera.
It took me a couple of hours to clean my camera and get the salty dirt out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment