Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dinosaur NP






We head for Dinosaur NP in Vernal UT. We are driving 191 South coming down mountains in Ashley National Forest and we see signs that there will be 10 switchbacks on this road (a switchback is rounding a curve that takes you back the way you came but headed in a different direction). That's a lot of action on one road! I have to go to the back of the RV because I can't handle looking out the window anymore at how far down the mountain it is (how far up we are). We find a pull-off and stop for lunch and to give our brakes a rest because we are smelling them burning. This is all making me a little nervous and I am glad that Randy is handling the driving. By the time we make it to Dinosaur NP we are all ready to get out and have a look around. Look at Jesse next to this giant dinosaur leg bone they found here at the park and think about how big the rest of that dinosaur was!




On our hike, we have to climb up this small hill to see the actual dinosaur bones still there in the rocks. Thank goodness, the park rangers marked them because they really are hard to make out from the surrounding rock.


But here is one (I am pointing to it) and Jesse took the other photo to show how far away we were because I ended up kind of stuck/frozen up there. Randy was kind enough to let me follow him down (and hold onto his shirt). I nearly had a heart-attack when Jesse's foot slipped and he almost tumbled down that hill.






No comments:

Post a Comment